If you own or run a business in the Birmingham, West Midlands area, then you’ll want to strongly consider installing a CCTV security video camera surveillance system if you haven’t already. While you might think it’s an unnecessary cost, the investment is well worth the improved security and the protection that this will afford to your property, your employees and your customers. The following are just a few of the specific ways in which a CCTV installation can benefit your Birmingham, West Midlands area business:
- Prevent break-ins and vandalism – Thieves and vandals alike are going to be much less likely to break into your place of business if they spot security cameras on your property. They’ll know that there will be proof of their crimes, which will make them much more hesitant to attempt them. This, in turn, can help save the loss of business and associated costs of having to clean up vandalism or replace stolen products or equipment.
- Protect customers and employees – The presence of a camera system can deter criminals from accosting or attacking any customers or employees in the area surrounding your place of business, thereby making it safer for everyone to visit your business.
- Protect your reputation – Any break-ins or incidents involving employees or customers (such as robberies or assaults) can damage your reputation. Nobody is going to want to visit your business at night, for example, if a customer was robbed in your parking lot.
- Prevent theft – In addition to helping to prevent break-ins from occurring after hours, a camera system installed inside of your place of business can help prevent thefts from occurring during store hours. This is because customers with sticky fingers are less likely to attempt to shop lift if they spot security cameras inside of your store. Additionally, the presence of security cameras may deter any employees thinking about compensating themselves with a few of your products without telling anyone.
- Catch criminals – If a theft, vandalism or assault does take place, the presence of a surveillance system can help police to catch the culprit. In fact, you may be able to catch the culprit during the crime if you have a camera system. For example, if there’s an incident between an employee and a customer, you may be able to check the video to see who is in the right. Additionally, you can catch thieves red-handed, thereby preventing property from being stolen.
- Encourage productivity – In addition to keeping your property secure and employees and customers safe, the presence of a surveillance system in your Birmingham, West Midlands area business can help encourage the productivity of your employees. How is this? Well, your employees are much less likely to slack off or do a poor job if they know that there is a chance that they are being watched. Without cameras, you have to have complete trust in your staff to provide customers with friendly service and not to spend the majority of their job playing with their smartphones.
- Potentially reduce insurance – Every business pays insurance to protect their property in case of damage or theft. These insurance costs can be pricey. However, some insurance companies will offer reductions to those businesses that prove that they have taken steps to mitigate security risks, such as with a surveillance system. Ask your insurer to find out more.
1st 5 that respond a free HD camera will be included in any 4 camera CCTV quotation and installation
As you can see, these benefits make a CCTV installation well worth the investment. For more information about installing a new CCTV security video camera surveillance system on your Birmingham, West Midlands company property, be sure to contact us at Salamander Fire & Security Free Security Survey today.